slideruk

Royal aide tests positive for coronavirus while Queen still at Buckingham Palace

Staff at Buckingham Palace have been forced to self-isolate after one of the Queen’s aides contracted coronavirus.
The Queen was still in residence at Buckingham Palace at the time but was sent to Windsor Castle shortly after the diagnosis.
Every member of Royal Household staff they came into contact with has gone into self-isolation.
But it’s not known how much contact the employee had with the Queen.
A source said: “The worker tested positive before the Queen left for Windsor.
“But the Palace has 500 members of staff so, like any workplace, it’s not inconceivable it would be affected in some stage.”
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “We wouldn’t comment on individual members of staff.
“In line with the appropriate guidance and our own processes, we have taken the necessary actions to protect all employees and people involved.”
The Queen, who had been avoiding shaking hands at recent events, moved to Windsor Castle on Thursday.
The 93-year-old monarch is expected to stay there for the foreseeable future with husband Prince Philip, 98.
Royal sources said she is in good health as she and the Duke of Edinburgh avoid contact with others, the Mirror reported.
They are socially distancing with a reduced household for their safety at Windsor Castle in Berkshire.
The advanced age of both the Queen and Philip mean they are more at risk of complications if they catch the Covid-19 illness.
source: international-journal.com/

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

97 − = 87

Close